5.9.06

Bio of me

I never actually introduced myself to everyone. I have some extra time ( waiting for my felted crocheted purse to get out of the washer) that I decided to tell alittle story.

I am 23 years old. Feel like Im 50 because I love to stay home and craft. When I was in middle school I remember being artist of the month every single month my 7th grade year. I had alot of enimies because of this but jelousy will kill you. I've always been the peson to NOT follow trends. I didnt want the louie bags or the gucci sunglasses. Everyone else had them so why would I want to be like everyone else. My shopping consist of finding the newest boutique or consignment place to do my shopping. Im pretty much guarenteed original items that way. That's what makes me different from most people in my town. You will never see me wearing the latest sweater from AE or Abercrombie.

I got my first scetch pad when I was 10 and my first crochet needle when I was 21. I fell in love with the art of felting. So I decided to learn how to crochet before knitting because I was told that it was alot easier. And believe me it is. I started out making small things like dish cloths and scarfs. Now I create hand bags and small purses. The hand bags are few and far between because I have a bit of an attention disorder. So its very hard for me to sit down and crochet a whole bag that once felted isnt fit for a knome.

I got into jewelry about 2 years ago. Tapped into it but soon got discouraged and sold all my supplies. Recently I am getting back into it and I must say that I love it so much that I hope to one day be able to stay home and make jewlery all day. I use all high end quality materials. Freshwater pearls, sterling silver,gemstones,glass czech beads, etc.

I soon want to start taking classes in metalsmithing. Money is an issue right now so that will be put on hold. Once I learn the trade however, the possibilities will be endless.

Currently, Im selling my wares on etsy.com. For those of you that have never heard of this site, its a must visit. Its the best site on the web for buying and selling hands down. One catch though, everything is handmade. This is what attracts me to this site first and formost. Second, I have never meet such a nice bunch of people on a forum in my life. EVERYONE is so nice and helpful. The talent is amazing!

Visit my shop at www.funkybytara.etsy.com to see my felted crochet and jewelry. New items are being added all the time. If you see a piece here at my blog changes are its for sale over at etsy. ♥

Thanks to all who took the time to read this short bio about me. Now get creative!!!

1 comment:

katsai said...

Hiya Tara!
I just found your blog from Dotty's links on Indie Finds on Etsy :) Just wanted to say i got one of your business cards in with a package from Below 14th, and your card and logo are excellent! Congratulations, they look great and really stood out to me! And keep up the great work in your shop, ok? ;P
By the way, did you ever get around to your metalsmithing class?