25.8.07

An Eco Way Of Life


Since the launch of EcoEtsy, the new and upcoming street team on etsy.com. I have been doing a lot thinking about ways to reduce, reuse and recycle. I recently spent the better part of a day researching recycled materials for packaging and shipping. It amazes me how so many people are still buying boxes and peanuts at there local supply store. I don't know about you but I would never in my right mind "buy" a box if I didn't have to. There are way too many boxes sitting around in the back of retail stores and other large companies. And I bet if you take one trip there and tell them you here to clean out the back room where all the boxes are thrown, they'll be more than happy to let you go raid.

Paper Nuts is a great resource for the peanut alternative. They create these little pellets that are made from 100% recycled material that is biodegradable and fully recyclable after use. How cool is that! Another great site that I came across is Earth Pack . For those of you who have packaging for your crafts for retail stores etc. Take a look at this site and consider going green on your packaging.

OK, So I know you all are thinking one of two things. 1. "I don't care about recycling because I'll be dead by the time the earth comes to an end from all this waste". Or 2. "This stuff is just too expensive for me to buy and I can't afford it. " Well I guess you don't care what kind of life your kids or your grand kids live do ya? And I guess it's too much money to save the earth as well. Stop making excuses and make the switch now! The sooner the better and the more the merrier.

Interesting quote to ponder on in closing........

"It takes 1000 years to decompose a 8 oz. water bottle. Only 3 out of 10 bottles are recycled"


Just think about it.
♥ T

No comments: