14.9.07

Sarah Cihat


Craftzine featured a wonderful artist today on there site. Brooklyn based designer Sarah Cilhat. She takes old ceramic dishware and re glazes them with fun bright colors. The pop factor comes when she splashes the dishes with vibrant images like the plates in the pictures above. I love the idea of recycling dishware and I think it's one of those crafts that can be re done over and over again as the times change in style. I'm deathly scared of spiders but I would defiantly snatch up a few of her plates from her spider collection. Her bird collection is just as appealing. Her works are featured at Rose and Radish and Design Sponge to name a few. Not to mention her Press Page is something to be desired. Oh what dream it is of mine to be featured in such an array of my favorite magazines. Keep up the good work Sarah! I love to see designers recycling and up cycling!






No comments: