2.9.07

A sneak peak

As I have mentioned before, I have been actively working on redoing my business. After reading Craft Inc. , I decided that if I want to make a living doing what I do best then there are some changes I must make.

First, I am changing my business name from Funky by Tara to Project Felt.
Second, I must get better, professional pictures
Third, I need to concentrate my art to a few items

This is just the gist of it. There is a whole lot more involved in making this sort of a change. I have to open a new Etsy shop and leave all my feedback and hearts etc. behind. This will be the hardest part of the whole process. I also need to get my logo redesigned along with my avatar and banner as well as promotional materials such as business cards, tags, post cards, thank you cards, etc.

It's a lot of work and it's something that I have been working on for about two months now.

The main focus for Project Felt will be to concentrate on " Functional Felt for the Home and You". This is my motto. So when designing my collection, I tried very hard to stick to those guidelines. I want to create felt that is useful and at the same time modern and simple.

I want to offer my products at a price point that everyone can afford. I achieved this by making my designs simple yet irresistible and fun.

I guess the thing that has taken up the most of my time so far during this process is taking a quality professional picture. I have been reading tutorials, asking for help and just plain practicing.

I have been taking pictures outside during different times of the day to see what time gives me the best exposure.


These are some pictures that I took today at 11am. They are coming along and for the most part, I'm happy with them. There still is a lot of work that needs done but I'll get there.

No comments: