26.10.07

Junk Mail Part II


I posted awhile ago about a lovely woman who takes all her catalogs and junk mail and turns them into beads, wallets, belts etc. In this post, I want to talk more about how those of us with junk mail that don't get creative with it can eliminate it all together. Now don't get me wrong, there a few catalogs that I must get every month and that I buy from regulary. But those Finger Huts, and cheap coupons, we don't need em.

Because I'm obsessed with factual information, I thought I would share a little facts about junk mail with you. Each adult receives 41 pounds of junk mail a year! Half of that doesn't even get opened or bothered with. 100 million trees and 28 billion gallons of water are wasted each year in the production of junk mail.

Fortunatly for us, people are incresingly becoming aware of there junk mail stash and are creating ways to hault our boxes from becoming filled with filth like credit card ads, car dealerships and banks wanting our business. Hey, if we wanted you card or your car will come to you right?

Here are a list of many junk mail eliminating sites to view at your leisure that I have compiled for my faithful readers.

> Eco Cycle
> Stop Junk Mail
> 41 Pounds
> Green Dimes
> Catalog Cut Down

So for everyone who reads this, there is no excuse to have any more junk mail in your box right? RIGHT!


No comments: