8.2.08

Lucky Origami Stars Eco Style


I found a new obsession. I have always been drawn to all things Japanese. The little cartoon characters, the wonderful crafts and craft books, The cute little packaging, the culture, everything just amazes me about that whole part of the world.

I was bored at work yesterday and started searching for origami. I came across these little itsy bitsy "lucky stars". They seemed easy enough to start out with. So to make a long story short, I have been obsessing over making these little guys for the last 48 hours. I already have 100 stars made. :) I have a glass jar at work filled up with shades of green, teal, blues, pinks and yellow. When I came home last night, I decided to reuse some old magazines and make recycled ones.

I have yet to decide what I'm going to do with them yet. Everyone keeps asking me. I may keep them. I may include some in my packages, or I may try to sell them. Who knows. I do know however, that everyone must try to make some. I'm sure you will be addicted as well.

Pictured below are a few that I made this morning as soon as I woke up made from an old Crate and Barrel magazine.


Fun Fun ♥

Pss...here is a really great You Tub video link on how to make them.

1 comment:

Raven said...

Yet another thing we have in common...our fascination with the Japanese lifestyle. I'm almost positive I was a Geisha in a past life. :)

I love origami and your little stars are just too cute...just don't let your boss read your blog about making a jar full on his time & dime.
*hee hee*

xxx
Raven